Plastic surgery is the branch of surgery which deals with repairing and reconstructing missing or damaged tissue and skin, usually because of surgery, illness, injury or an abnormality present from birth.
The main aim of plastic surgery is to restore the function of organs and skin to as close to normal as possible.
Cosmetic surgery is carried out solely to change a healthy person’s appearance to achieve what they perceive as a more desirable look.
Plastic surgery can be used to repair:
- Abnormalities that were present from birth, such as a cleft lip and palate, webbed fingers and birthmarks
- Areas that are damaged by the removal of cancerous tissue, such as from the face or breast
- Extensive burns and other serious injuries, such as those sustained during traffic accidents.
Various types of cosmetic surgeries are:
- Hair transplant
- Eyelid surgery
- Botox injections
- Breast enlargement
- Breast reduction (female)
- Breast reduction (male)
- Chemical peels
- Ear correction surgery
- Cosmetic Surgeries of Nose
- Surgical fat transfer
- Tattoo removal
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
Plastic/ Cosmetic surgery can help a person recover their self-esteem and confidence following surgery.